This item has been filed in | Honors, News
Print This Post Print This Post

Graduate School Honors Students, Faculty, and Staff

1 Star2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 Stars (No Ratings Yet)
Loading...Loading...
    Graduate students from the College of Engineering join M. Brian Blake, (second from right) vice provost of academic affairs and dean of the Graduate School, as he presents the College of Engineering's Nurcin Celick with the 2014-2015 Faculty Mentor of the Year Award.

Graduate students from the College of Engineering join M. Brian Blake, (second from right) vice provost of academic affairs and dean of the Graduate School, as he presents the College of Engineering’s Nurcin Celik with the 2014-2015 Faculty Mentor of the Year Award.

Special to UM News

CORAL GABLES, Fla. (April 14, 2015)— The Graduate School recognized its top graduate students, faculty, and staff at the 2014-2015 Graduate Awards Ceremony, including the Miller School’s Sandra Lemmon as the Outstanding Graduate Program Director and the College of Engineering’s Nurcin Celik as Faculty Mentor of the Year.

Noting that the ceremony, held April 10 on the Moss Terrace at the Student Activities Center, allows the UM community to celebrate the work of all of its graduate students, faculty, and staff, M. Brian Blake, vice provost for academic affairs and dean of the Graduate School, congratulated all of the 60-plus nominees “for their accomplishments that continually enhance graduate education at the University.”

In addition to Lemmon, professor of molecular and cellular pharmacology and director of the M.D./Ph.D. Program, and Celik, assistant professor of industrial engineering, seven other individuals from multiple disciplines and all three campuses were honored in the categories of Graduate Student Exemplar, Outstanding Graduate Research Assistant, and Outstanding Graduate Teaching Assistant. They are:

Qinghua Yang, School of Communication
    Outstanding Research Assistant

Aristotelis E. Thanos, College of Engineering
    Outstanding Research Assistant

Youaraj Uprety, College of Arts and Sciences
    Outstanding Teaching Assistant

Patrice E. Fenton, School of Education and Human Development
    Outstanding Teaching Assistant

Alisa Be, College of Arts and Sciences
    Outstanding Teaching Assistant

Xiaoran Shi, College of Engineering
    Graduate Student Exemplar

Raul Velarde, College of Engineering
    Graduate Student Exemplar

View more pictures from the ceremony on Facebook.