As part of National Cyber Security Awareness Month, UM’s Information Technology (UMIT) department would like to remind you to back up your data. In the event of a natural disaster or IT downtime, critical data can get lost, so it is important to store data in a secure location. Backing up data is one of the most vital steps in protecting your data, but most people are unaware of where to store their data.
The University of Miami offers all faculty, staff, and students a cloud-based data storage and file-sharing solution named Box, which has recently been upgraded to unlimited data storage. Box enables people to easily store and manage content in a secure online environment, while being able to share files and collaborate with individuals and teams. This service is available at no cost.
To log in to Box, and for more information, please read below:
Benefits of Box:
- File Space: Unlimited free storage.
- Collaboration: Files can be stored in one secure place online, so you and your team always have access to the latest version.
- Special Benefits: Recommended solution for the storage of secure data; highly encrypted. Password protect links, set permissions, and get access stats; automatic backup with 30-day file recovery.
More information about Box:
– Sign in to your Box account at: box.miami.edu
– To learn more about Box, visit our Box Learning Center
– If you have additional questions, a comprehensive FAQ is available here
If you have any questions about Box file-sharing and storage solution, please contact the UMIT Service Desk: Coral Gables/RSMAS Campuses: 305-284-6565, firstname.lastname@example.org, or Medical Campus: 305-243-5999, email@example.com.