Posted on 24 October 2014
The Department of Human Resources wants to give you a chance to win two special raffle prizes. For as little as $5, you can enter to win two lower-level tickets to the Miami Dolphins vs. Jets game on Sunday, December 28 or a one-of-a-kind necklace made from natural seeds from the island of St. Martin. Your contribution will benefit the United Way of Miami-Dade. For more information or to purchase a raffle ticket, contact Paula Wright at 305-284-4083 or Phyllis Dorcely at 305-284-3799.
The 2014 TeamUM United Way campaign runs through November 28. Make your contribution today through MyUM.
Posted on 22 October 2014
The Division of Finance and Treasury’s 2014 United Way Silent Auction is now officially open. Visit www.miami.edu/silentauction to bid on spectacular prizes such as brand-name electronics, airline travel vouchers, and more. There’s sure to be something for everyone. The auction, which is open to faculty, staff, and students, ends November 10. For more information, contact Travel Management at 305-284-6585 or Travel@miami.edu.
Posted on 15 October 2014
To launch the 2014 United Way campaign, TeamUM invited University faculty and staff to make their United Way contributions by October 6 for a chance to win prizes ranging from airline tickets to one year of free parking on the Coral Gables, Rosenstiel School (RSMAS) and Miller School campuses. More than 1,700 faculty and staff contributed by the deadline. The 23 lucky winners were randomly selected at a drawing supervised by a member of UM’s office of Audit & Advisory Services, and are listed below.
- One year of free parking at the Coral Gables campus – William Gerlach
- One year of free parking at the RSMAS campus – Jorge Willemsen
- One year of free parking at the Miller School of Medicine campus – Mary Luz Londono
- Two Section B tickets to attend Pulse Chamber Music on October 15 at UM Gusman Concert Hall – Phillip J. Leone
- Two Section B tickets to attend National Young Arts Foundation’s Concert on October 26 at UM Gusman Concert Hall – Bronwyn T. Mills
- Two Section B tickets to attend Pianists Genova & Dimitrov’s Concert on October 29 at UM Gusman Concert Hall – Rebecca Kuhns
- Two Section B tickets to attend Pianist Vadym Kholodenko’s Concert on November 4 UM Gusman Concert Hall – Lory Ann Hayes
- Four tickets to a 2014 UM Football Game (excluding Florida State) – Belkis M. Carreiro
- Four tickets to a 2014-2015 UM Miami Men’s Basketball game (excluding Florida State, Louisville, Illinois, North Carolina) – Patricia Ann Martely
- Four Tickets to a 2014-2015 UM Women’s Basketball game – Karen T. Del Rio
- Four seats in Orchestra Box for Beauty and The Beast and access for four to the Terra Group Patrons Salon at Adrienne Arsht Center on January 3 – Barbara Barrett
- Four admission tickets to Miami Seaquarium – Irma Riccio
- Four admission passes to Zoo Miami – Susan H. Blanton
- Four admission passes to Jungle Island – Merlyn Donatien
- $50 Sticks and Stones Alphabet Photography gift certificate – Jessica E. Driemeier, Ana M. Menzies, and Erica Avis McEwan
- $30 GreenStreet Restaurant gift certificate – Neha Shinde
- $25 Buffalo Wild Wings Restaurant gift certificate – Silvia Prieto
- $100 Patti & Allan Herbert Wellness Center gift certificate – Caridad Rosa Yousef
- The Stamps Jazz Quintet CD – Divya Misra
- Two American Airlines economy class tickets for travel to the U.S., Canada, or Mexico – Ann L. House
- Two American Airlines first/business class tickets for travel to the U.S., Canada, or Mexico – Steven M. Green
Winners will be contacted by phone and/or email.
Faculty and staff can still contribute to the TeamUM United Way campaign online through myUM by November 28. For more information about this year’s campaign, please visit the TeamUM United Way website or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted on 14 November 2013
Sebastian is captured on camera stepping on the University seal.
Yikes! Sebastian, the University of Miami’s beloved mascot, will be detained on Thursday, November 21, for stepping on the University seal in front of the UC Bookstore. Based on a complaint filed by the Department of Real Estate and Facilities, which captured Sebastian’s audacious act on camera, University of Miami Police plan to take Sebastian into custody from the Newman Alumni Center and detain him at The UC Rock. All students, faculty, and staff are encouraged to help bail him out by dropping cash or checks off at the Rock between 1 and 3 p.m. Upon his release, the Department of Real Estate and Facilities promises to destroy the incriminating evidence, the aforementioned photograph, and send all proceeds to the United Way.
Posted in News