Posted on 15 October 2014
To launch the 2014 United Way campaign, TeamUM invited University faculty and staff to make their United Way contributions by October 6 for a chance to win prizes ranging from airline tickets to one year of free parking on the Coral Gables, Rosenstiel School (RSMAS) and Miller School campuses. More than 1,700 faculty and staff contributed by the deadline. The 23 lucky winners were randomly selected at a drawing supervised by a member of UM’s office of Audit & Advisory Services, and are listed below.
- One year of free parking at the Coral Gables campus – William Gerlach
- One year of free parking at the RSMAS campus – Jorge Willemsen
- One year of free parking at the Miller School of Medicine campus – Mary Luz Londono
- Two Section B tickets to attend Pulse Chamber Music on October 15 at UM Gusman Concert Hall – Phillip J. Leone
- Two Section B tickets to attend National Young Arts Foundation’s Concert on October 26 at UM Gusman Concert Hall – Bronwyn T. Mills
- Two Section B tickets to attend Pianists Genova & Dimitrov’s Concert on October 29 at UM Gusman Concert Hall – Rebecca Kuhns
- Two Section B tickets to attend Pianist Vadym Kholodenko’s Concert on November 4 UM Gusman Concert Hall – Lory Ann Hayes
- Four tickets to a 2014 UM Football Game (excluding Florida State) – Belkis M. Carreiro
- Four tickets to a 2014-2015 UM Miami Men’s Basketball game (excluding Florida State, Louisville, Illinois, North Carolina) – Patricia Ann Martely
- Four Tickets to a 2014-2015 UM Women’s Basketball game – Karen T. Del Rio
- Four seats in Orchestra Box for Beauty and The Beast and access for four to the Terra Group Patrons Salon at Adrienne Arsht Center on January 3 – Barbara Barrett
- Four admission tickets to Miami Seaquarium – Irma Riccio
- Four admission passes to Zoo Miami – Susan H. Blanton
- Four admission passes to Jungle Island – Merlyn Donatien
- $50 Sticks and Stones Alphabet Photography gift certificate – Jessica E. Driemeier, Ana M. Menzies, and Erica Avis McEwan
- $30 GreenStreet Restaurant gift certificate – Neha Shinde
- $25 Buffalo Wild Wings Restaurant gift certificate – Silvia Prieto
- $100 Patti & Allan Herbert Wellness Center gift certificate – Caridad Rosa Yousef
- The Stamps Jazz Quintet CD – Divya Misra
- Two American Airlines economy class tickets for travel to the U.S., Canada, or Mexico – Ann L. House
- Two American Airlines first/business class tickets for travel to the U.S., Canada, or Mexico – Steven M. Green
Winners will be contacted by phone and/or email.
Faculty and staff can still contribute to the TeamUM United Way campaign online through myUM by November 28. For more information about this year’s campaign, please visit the TeamUM United Way website or email email@example.com.
Posted on 25 September 2014
From raffles to candy grams, the Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center research team has come up with some “Spooktacular” ways to help raise money for the United Way of Miami-Dade.
Hotel accommodations, dinners, and yoga and gym packages are just some of the prizes that will be awarded during two raffle drawings on Friday, November 21. To purchase raffle tickets, email firstname.lastname@example.org, call 305-243-4889, or stop by the Clinical Research Building, Room 1542.Ticket prices vary depending on the category of prizes.
The Sylvester research team’s “Spooktacular Candy Gram” distribution takes place on Halloween Friday, October 31. Send Spooktacular Candy Grams to friends, colleagues, or that person down the hall or in the cube next door. Each Spooktacular Candy Gram is $1, so bring your list to CRB 1542 or email email@example.com. Please have the building and room number for each recipient ready at the time of purchase.
Posted on 11 September 2014
The Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center and the United Way of Miami-Dade are sponsoring a Spooktacular Luncheon, with food donated by many local restaurants, between 11:30 a.m. and 2 p.m. on Monday, October 27, in the Clinical Research Building, room 692. If you are interested in enjoying spooktacular food and supporting the United Way, please stop by CRB 1542 or 1512 to purchase tickets in advance. Tickets are $8 each. For more information, contact Jessica Haft at 305-243-5484. All the proceeds will go to Sylvester/United Way fundraising efforts.
Posted on 07 August 2014
The University of Miami is once again sponsoring the UPS 5K Run to benefit the United Way of Miami-Dade. Be among the first 1,500 to sign up for the run, which will begin at 7:30 a.m. at Coral Gables City Hall on Saturday, September 6, and you’ll get a free t-shirt. Help make greater Miami a more educated, prosperous, and healthy community by registering for the University of Miami team today. To register, fill out the participant information form, then click the “I’m Ready to Pay” tab to pay your fee. The cost is $30.
Posted on 01 August 2014
The University of Miami is once again sponsoring the UPS 5K Run, and the first 30 people to sign up for the UM team will have their $30 registration fee waived. Be among the first 1,500 to sign up, and you’ll get a free t-shirt. The race, which benefits United Way of Miami-Dade, will start at 7:30 a.m. from Coral Gables City Hall, 405 Biltmore Way, on Saturday, September 6. Help make greater Miami a more educated, prosperous, and healthy community by registering for the University of Miami team today. To register:
- Visit www.ups5k.com, and click the “Individual registration” button.
- Click the General Public tab and fill out your contact information.
- Click the I’m Ready to Pay tab, and enter UM30 in the discount code section. If you are eligible for free registration you will be automatically registered.